Thursday, October 9, 2014

Ragamuffin Heretic

Ragamuffin -- "Brennan Manning wrote The Ragamuffin Gospel "for the bedraggled, beat-up, and burnt-out," the marginalized folks to whom Jesus ministered: the children, the ill, the tax collectors, the women. In other words, the ragamuffins. Manning understands better than most that behind our facades of order and self-assurance are inadequacies that can find healing only in Jesus. While the powerful and religious elite challenged him, Jesus embraced and healed and fed the needs of the ragamuffins. Jesus delivered love, healing, and, most of all, grace." (taken from Amazon.)

Heretic -- a person holding an opinion at odds with what is generally accepted. (Oxford Dictionary)

My lovely wife has been on me for some time to get back to blogging but for one reason or another, I've withheld. If you know me, you know I rarely hold back. Also if you know me, you know I am usually holding an opinion that is at odds with what is generally accepted, thus the definition of heretic. I'm different. I believe I have withheld from blogging because if I were to truly put to screen what flows through my brain, perhaps your brain would explode. I could be wrong. I suppose I could feel and say what others feel but are scared to say, but I doubt that is the case. Again, I'm different. There are times when I see certain people agreeing with my line of thought and it makes me stop and take a step back to reevaluate my thought process to make sure I am where I should be because if I am agreeing with THAT person, surely I can't be thinking straight. Today, while filtering through some of my thoughts and reading, I come across Acts 4:12 -- "And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

Listen, God made me who I am and if that makes your brains explode, I'm (not really) sorry. There is no name under heaven that I have to please. I, like Paul, am working through my salvation and I am doing so with the only one that matter, JESUSI don't know when I'll post another blog, but when I do, I hope for it to be thought provoking, perhaps challenging, but if nothing else, it will be real, raw, and me. Anything less and I would be someone else--but I want to be and think and feel and say and write like the person God created me to be. Hope you'll stick around for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment